.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Virendra Sehwag not interested in captaining India



Viru who is least interested in the captaincy has a strong desire to play well for the country and score more and more runs and not get bogged down by the vice captaincy or captaincy issue. He has requested the selectors to remove him from the VC position and groom some new face for a longer run. He spoke to a news channel yesterday saying: "I don't want to be a captain, I have already told the selectors about it. I have said that a new player should be made vice-captain and be groomed to be a captain," he also said "I want that I should continue to score runs and keep winning matches for the team."

Sehwag was given the vice captaincy position when Rahul Dravid took over as Captain from Saurav Ganguly.

You Might Like This



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Blog List

Hello

Cricket Live Scorecards