.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Younis Khan retires from 20 20 Cricket



Younis Khan would not have got another brilliant opportunity to announce his retirement from the shorter version of the game. A trend which was first set by the Indian senior players (Dravid, Tendulkar & Ganguly) of saying NO to the shorter and high paced version of cricket

Lifting the trophy was the sweetest moment for Younis Khan. He mentioned
“This is my last Twenty20 game, I'm old now for this kind of cricket."

He dedicated the victory to the late Bob Woolmer, ex coach of Pakistan (mysteriously died in West Indies) saying:

"This final must go to Bob Woolmer, He was doing good things with us in 2005 and especially my cricket. I would be very proud if he was alive and sitting with me because he's a very nice guy and was a father figure for us. Why I am captain is because in 2005 - at that time I was not a regular player for Pakistan - he was the guy who all the time was chatting with the chairman and the selectors that Younis will be the next captain. So because of him I have became a captain. I dedicate this final to Bob Woolmer."

So in all a well called decision by Younis Khan on a glorious eve for Pakistan cricket.

You Might Like This



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Blog List

Hello

Cricket Live Scorecards